Looking to bring your group to help at JKR?
Please find our list of identified site projects perfect for churches and organizations who want to donate time, skill, and potentially funds to sponsor a specific project. We can help provide lunch and/or housing for your work group if needed. To volunteer, please complete this group volunteer interest form or call our camp office 830-935-4568. Thank you!
High Priority Service Projects
- Establish Nature Play Area near meeting house. Install sandbox, build fort? weed eat, clear brush, trim limbs, prep fort building materials for kids, add old pots and pans to sand box. Skills: chainsaw, shovel work, weedeaters.
- Brush removal / thinning / flood debris disposal. Many areas around the creek and the cliffs around chapel hill. Skills: chain saw, loppers, hard work!
- Rehab of staff lounge: Skills: construction, painting, installing a toilet, organizing, setting up furniture. Donation needs: furniture, USB charger strip (2), washer and dryer
- Carpers Creek. Walk in creek and pull invasive water plants. Remove flood debris.
- Rehab lookout point: Power wash, replace lattice on top with cedar stays cut nearby. Thompson water seal. Trim nearby trees. Skills: painting, chainsaw, light construction.
- Showerhouse. Redo floor on girl’s side. Wash floor, scrape any loose paint, repaint.
- Calvin Cottage porch. Haul stone from garden site to Calvin Cottage.
- JKR Recycling program: Wash trailer. Collect all small recycling bins from cabins, wash and clean large blue recycling barrels in barn and take to OC and dining hall. Make recycling signs. Take trailer to dining hall.
- Wash golf carts
- Organize fishing gear and canoe equipment shed. Skills: organization, cleaning.
- Organize archery shed, fix fletchings on arrows. Skills: Organization, cleaning.
- Work in garden planting, weeding, organizing shed.
- Day Camp creek play area. Clear cedar and raise limbs just upcreek from bridge. Skills: chainsaw, loppers, hard work, brush clearing.
- Check each Primitive Campsite. Ask for additional list of what needs to be done at each PC.
- Oak commons: cut firewood, clear brush, deep clean, add fans, paint rails, power wash gas tank, clean gutters, trim trees
- Office: clean gutters, trim trees in
frontgarden, plant? Rake/clean up garden, weed eat around garden, mop office floors, deep clean bathroom, touch up paint trim.