Many thanks for helping to spread the word about John Knox Ranch, the camp ministry program of Mission Presbytery.
Ways that Mission Presbytery Churches can encourage members to attend JKR.
Please consider using the following marketing toolkit to share the summer camp experience with your congregation. John Knox Ranch is the camp ministry program of Mission Presbytery. Below is a checklist of possible ways to share information about camp to help your congregation grow in faith, Christian community, and servant leadership.
- Send out a stand-alone email to your congregation. Use the one sent out by John Knox Ranch or create your own with the below information.
- Add a John Knox Ranch summer camp blurb to your monthly newsletter
- Ask a camper, camp parent, or youth leader to share about their summer camp experience during a minute for mission. This works well anytime but it is especially awesome during youth sunday.
- Post about JKR on your church’s social media channels. Below you will find short blurbs, graphics, and promotional videos to make it easy for you to help.
- Print the below bulletin insert and add it to a sunday bulletin. If you do nothing else, please do this. It will have the most impact! thank you.
- Set up a Camp Scholarship fund at your church to make sure that every child in your congregation can attend camp if they choose.
Description of JKR Summer Camp Program:
At John Knox Ranch, we foster experiences of Christian community in the beauty of God’s creation. JKR is a place where love, acceptance, grace, and FUN flow freely.
JKR offers resident camp for students entering grades 2 – 12 and day camp for kids ages 4 – 8.
Campers enjoy swimming, archery, rappelling, rock climbing, arts and crafts, nature discovery, ropes challenge course, Bible study and spiritual formation, canoeing, sharing homemade family-style meals, overnight campouts, and more.
Attending camp at JKR helps children and youth develop social and interpersonal skills, a sense of self, and an understanding of our place in and responsibility for this pretty planet. JKR is a place where all are welcome; where identity is formed through self-awareness and service, where differences are celebrated; where children grow into counselors, counselors become leaders, and leaders bring patience, inclusion, and excellent servant leadership to their own professions and communities.
Scholarship applications are available during registration. $25 early bird pricing before 4/1