This is an exciting time at JKR. We have momentum (619 campers last summer!), a great team, an abundance of excitement and passion, and now, a unique opportunity.
We have received a pledge to match all donations, dollar for dollar, from any source from Nov 1, 2019, to Dec 31, 2020 up to $400,000. We invite you to join us in this generous fundraising campaign.
The matching pledge is from a former JKR camper and the memories and impact of those summer camp sessions is the motivating factor for this pledge challenge.
This campaign will enable us to do 3 key things:
- Renovate and rebuild John Knox Ranch to better meet the needs of our community. We are still working to fully recover from the devastating 2015 flood of the Blanco River. In addition, many facilities built over 20 years ago need to be renovated or repaired after years of heavy use and love.
- Replenish our Camp Scholarship Fund. In 2019 we awarded $51,109 in scholarships enabling 154 campers to attend. In 2020, our goal is to raise $60,000 and serve 175 campers. We are committed to making sure that financial challenges will never be the reason a child can’t attend camp.
- Plan for the future of camp ministry at John Knox Ranch. JKR has enjoyed over 50 years of wonderful, rich ministry and now it is important for us to build on that success and plan for the future. Funds raised will allow us to spend time developing tools such as a strategic plan, a master plan, and a business plan to help guide us, ensuring we are being the most faithful stewards of the land and resources of our churches and Mission Presbytery. We will work with outside camp ministry professionals to help answer questions like “What is God calling us to do? How can JKR reach its full potential as part of the ministry of Mission Presbytery and beyond?” In addition, part of the funds raised will be used to establish a JKR operational reserve fund and help support Mission Presbytery’s on-going ministry to youth and young adult leadership development.
How You Can Help
- Prayerfully consider a financial gift. Light the Match by making a donation. Mail a check to John Knox Ranch 1661 John Knox Rd. Fischer, TX, 78623 or click here to make a donation online.
- Spread the news. Consider who in your life would benefit from an invitation to invest in this ministry. Talk to them about the success of our current work and how this campaign will greatly extend our impact. Share your JKR story.
JKR is a place where all are welcome; where identity is formed through self-awareness and service, where differences are celebrated; where children grow into counselors, counselors become leaders, and leaders bring patience, inclusion, and servant leadership to their professions and communities.
Your generosity helps John Knox Ranch fulfill its mission to foster experiences of Christian community in the beauty of God’s creation. Please give generously. Click here to donate.
Does your employer match donations? If so, your gift is multiplied by 4X!
Are you interested in donating stock? Contact us. We can help with that.
“They loved everything – the other campers, their counselors, swimming, the food…. I pray that John Knox Ranch is able to remain available for generations to come. God bless you all.” –Sandra, Camper Grandmother